aet508 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Legislative Influence on Community-Based Education and Services
- Project future needs that might require different or new legislative support.
- Identify the legislation that addresses adult and lifelong learning.
- Compare local, state, and federal assistance in community-based education and services.
Global Considerations and the Future of Adult Community Services and Education
- Assess strategies to identify and address needs and opportunities for community-based services and education.
- Analyze international influences on adult and lifelong learning environments.
- Project future areas of focus and support for adult and lifelong learning.
- Identify available resources to support special populations of adult learners.
- Identify special populations represented by adults accessing services or educational assistance.
- Identify advocacy networks available.
Introduction to Community-Based Education
- Explain the benefits of community-based programs and services.
- Research populations served through community-based programs.
- Identify strategies that encourage engaged and self-directed lifelong learning.
Adult Education and Lifelong Learning Programs
- Describe the characteristics of lifelong learning programs.
- Examine lifelong learning programs for alignment with the needs of various populations.
- Identify types of lifelong learning programs.
Community Agency Programs
- Describe the variety of settings that are used as community learning centers for adult learners.
- Describe community-based programs for adult learners offered by nonprofit agencies.
- Determine the availability of local agency programs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.