bshs439 | undergraduate
Grief, Loss And End Of Life Issues
topic title goes here
Facing death, dying, and end of life Issues.
- Explain end of life moral and legal issues present before, at, and after death, including tissue donation and disposition of body and estate .
- Evaluate how theories of facing death may be used to help the dying individual and the caregivers .
- Recommend coping skills strategies for grief counselors and caregivers to cope wtih end of life of loved ones.
- Differentiate between Palliative Care, Hospice, Home Care, Health Programs, and Mental Health Services.
- Determine support systems for individuals facing death and their families.
Life in a World of Death.
- Analyze the relationships among death beliefs, personal and social choices, human morality, and the meaning of death.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of compassionate fatigue and secondary trauma.
- Construct personal coping strategies to decrease vulnerability to compassionate fatigue and strengthen professional boundaries.
- Evaluate the significance of self-care when working with grief issues.
Attitude about death in America.
- Discuss the importance of studying death.
- Define death and the connection death has in our lives.
- Evaluate attitudes and practices towards death, considering the American perspective.
- Discuss the American perspective about the aging and death concept.
Grief, loss and bereavement.
- Identify personal aspects or characteristics that affect the coping and grieving process.
- Differentiate between grief, mourning, and bereavement and how these differ from person to person.
- Relate theories and frameworks of grief to the skills of the human service professional.
- Define to uncomplicated and complicate grief.
The complexities of death and grief.
- Explain the coping tasks associated with each developmental stage of life.
- Identify special population and expereinces which require alternative ways of coping with grief and loss.
- List some grief counseling techniques which can service these individuals.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.