cur516 | Graduate
Curriculum Theory And Instructional Design
topic title goes here
Trends and Issues in Curriculum Development and Instructional Design
- Analyze issues and trends in the use of various modalities for curriculum development and instructional design.
- Determine issues and trends in the use of technology for curriculum development and instructional design.
- Identify issues and trends in professional ethics for curriculum development and instructional design.
- Describe issues and trends in curriculum development and instructional design.
Models and Methods for Curriculum Development and Instructional Design
- Compare and contrast different models for instructional design.
- Compare and contrast different methods for instructional design.
- Identify various learning models.
Instructional Planning: Components
- Analyze components in the development and implementation of instructional design.
- Examine the roles of the facilitator, the learner, stakeholders, and technology in instructional design.
- Explain the rationale for selected instructional design and strategies.
Instructional Planning: Strategies
- Examine classroom management strategies.
- Analyze strategies for collaborative learning.
- Analyze strategies that promote critical thinking.
Instructional Planning: Objectives
- Develop instructional objectives using the A-B-C-D format.
- Examine problem-based learning.
- Explore various instructional technologies.
Developing and Designing an Instructional Plan
- Analyze the components of the analysis phase of the ADDIE model.
- Select instructional strategies and activities to address the diversity in the classroom.
- Create an instructional design of a unit appropriate for adult learners.
- Construct summative assessment measures.
- Evaluate resources for instructional delivery.
- Analyze the purposes of formative assessments.
- Create an implementation schedule for the instructional plan.
- Examine strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of an instructional design approach.
- Identify criteria for determining whether goals, objectives, and outcomes were achieved.
- Analyze possible outcomes for future decision making and use regarding instructional design for a training session or unit.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.