cur555 | Graduate
Professional Learning For Continuous Improvement
This graduate-level course is 6 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Components of a Professional Development Plan
- Develop and present a professional development plan based on needs assessment that includes components of effective professional development.
- Identify components of an effective professional development plan.
- Utilize knowledge of components of a professional development plan to create professional development needs assessment.
- Analyze data from a school needs assessment to determine professional development needs.
Implementing Schoolwide Comprehensive Initiatives
- Develop plan for implementing initiatives-based, schoolwide professional development.
- Determine how the professional development plan will be implemented.
- Determine accountability and sustainability parameters for the professional development plan.
- Analyze the effectiveness of an initiatives-based, schoolwide professional development plan.
Implementing Team/Collaborative Professional Development
- Create a schoolwide initiative study group.
- Identify protocols for schoolwide study groups.
- Generate suggestions for grade-level collaborative study.
- Identify and develop protocols for successful peer coaching for collaboration.
Individual Professional Development
- Identify different coaching protocols for individual professional learning.
- Identify coaching focus based on the student needs assessment.
- Analyze various classroom observation tools.
- Utilize knowledge of classroom observation protocols to develop a collegial walk-through model for peer observation.
Schoolwide Professional Development
- Analyze the components of a schoolwide professional development plan.
- Identify different protocols for looking at student work.
- Design a grade-level plan to implement a learning initiative based on results from reviewing student work.
- Apply the professional learning community (PLC) model.
- Evaluate reflective practitioner model.
- Identify the characteristics of a reflective practitioner.
- Identify protocols for reflective practice.
- Explain how the idea of the reflective practitioner is tied to the teacher as learner.
- Analyze the effect reflective practice has on student learning and achievement.
- Determine how ongoing professional development contributes to the teacher as learner.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.