cyb360 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Configuring and Establishing Monitoring Needs in a Secure Wireless Network
- Identify appropriate wireless antennae for wireless installation, particularly 802.11 networks.
- Select tools useful for monitoring a wireless network.
- Distinguish significant performance monitors for wireless network equipment.
- Select appropriate configuration settings for a wireless network.
- Describe and the process of Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) router configuration.
Encryption and Configuration of a Secure Wireless Network
- Select proper encryption technology for a secure wireless implementation.
- Compare functions of a Wireless Intrusion Prevention System (WIPS) and a Wireless Intrusion Detection System (WIDS).
- Identify active protocols in a secure wireless network.
- Configure sensors to monitor a secure wireless network.
- Summarize the basic security concerns with a wireless network.
Hardening and Monitoring a Secure Wireless Network
- Summarize common attack vectors and corresponding security solutions.
- Distinguish normal from hostile wireless packet data.
- Recognize an attack signature.
- Analyze packet data to identify possible intrusions.
- Apply network security concepts to wireless network hardening.
Planning a Secure Wireless Network â Requirements and Radio Frequency (RF)
- Determine business, security, technical, and regulatory requirements for a wireless network.
- Analyze capacity and performance requirements for initial wireless network accounting for possible network growth.
- Distinguish strength and weaknesses of wireless frequency choices, as well as licensed and unlicensed or license-exempt frequencies.
- Choose appropriate frequency for a wireless implementation, including proper channels for wireless network implementation.
Implement a Secure Wireless Network: Determine Coverage and Equipment Needs
- Explain how to identify RF coverage and hardware placement when designing a wireless network.
- Describe required information and gathering methods for a site survey, such as existing network infrastructure and possible interference sources.
- Collect information for a site survey in order to outline a test plan.
- Determine a list of recommended equipment based on the results of site survey coverage analysis.
- Select antenna and additional supporting equipment, such as amplifiers, splitters, or attenuators.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.