educ524 | Graduate
Assessment And Evaluation For Educators
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Formal and Informal Assessments
- Identify examples of effective informal assessment methods.
- Analyze the purpose, use, and interpretation of portfolio and performance assessments.
- Distinguish between norm-referenced and criterion-referenced standardized assessments.
- Differentiate among formative assessments, summative assessments, and self-assessments.
The Impact of Assessment
- Align assessments to educational standards, curriculum, and instruction.
- Create assessment tasks that are congruent with stated instructional objectives.
- Identify how the use of assessments affects various stakeholders.
- Analyze the effects of bias in assessments.
Accountability and School Improvement
- Analyze the use of evaluative student data to drive school improvement.
- Evaluate the current trends in grading, marking, and reporting practices.
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate test-preparation practices.
- Assess the effects of educational legislation on assessments in school districts.
History and Role of Assessment in Instruction
- Summarize historical influences on current assessment practices in today’s schools.
- Describe the roles of assessment in education.
- Compare the concepts of assessment, testing, and evaluation.
- Identify the fundamentals of educational assessment.
- Apply assessment strategies to instruction.
- Justify the need for reliability, validity, and fairness in educational assessments.
- Create guidelines for teacher-developed assessments.
- Identify characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses of selected-response and constructed-response testing formats.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.