eng340 | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Creative Writing Techniques: Structuring Fiction
- Examine the purpose of fiction.
- Discuss the types of fiction.
- Describe how setting is the necessary backdrop for storytelling.
- Examine the elements of plot and how it creates attention.
- Differentiate the elements of voice and personality to develop character.
- Distinguish how dialogue creates character.
Creative Writing Techniques: Nonfiction
- Examine the purpose of nonfiction.
- Distinguish the writing styles of nonfiction.
- Analyze creativity in writing nonfiction.
- Discuss the types of nonfiction.
- Understand the importance of gathering and researching information in nonfiction.
Creative Writing Techniques: The Fusion of Form
- Analyze how form and function change meaning.
- Review elements that make up creative writing.
- Analyze how revision defines the final form.
- Distinguish creative writing styles across genres.
Creative Writing Techniques: Writing Poetry
- Discuss the structure of poetry.
- Examine the purpose of poetry.
- Analyze how figurative language enhances imagination.
- Compare diction and word selection in interpreting and writing poetry.
- Discuss how rhythm creates the emotional tone of poetry.
Creative Writing Fundamentals: The Writing Process
- Examine points of inspiration in the creative process.
- Identify the appropriate voice, tone, and style appropriate to genre.
- Illustrate the use of images and symbols to promote creativity in writing.
- Describe the necessity of identifying the perspective and point of view.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.