hcs224 | undergraduate
Health Care Office Management
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify office procedures.
- Explain the use of coding.
- Describe insurance processing.
- Explain the importance of office policies and procedures.
- Describe the importance of health care as a service business.
- Describe daily processes.
- Explain the importance of teamwork in the office environment.
- Compare roles and responsibilities of office personnel.
Advanced Reporting, Revenue, and Expenses
- Describe the importance of the revenue cycle to the health care office.
- Explain the effect of supply control on costs.
- Describe the use of tracking and trending for a health care office.
Risk Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Identify the effects of regulations on the health care office.
- Compare licensing requirements for health care workers.
- Explain the importance of monitoring compliance in the health care office.
Computer and Technology Advancements
- Identify electronic systems and processes used in health care offices.
- Explain how medical privacy laws affect the use of technology in the health care office.
- Describe the challenges caused by advances in technology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.