hum375ca | undergraduate
topic title goes here
Interdisciplinary Inquiry and Themes for Teacher Candidates
- Connect interdisciplinary inquiry with the subject knowledge requirements of the multiple subject teacher.
- Compare methods of inquiry across the K-12 content specific disciplines.
- Discuss the need to connect disciplines within a multiple subject classroom.
Qualities of Integrated Studies and Inquiry
- Examine the language of the disciplines in inquiry.
- Discuss the context and products of inquiry.
- Determine the value and purpose of connecting disciplines.
- Review methods of inquiry in liberal arts disciplines.
Integrated Studies in Education
- Review current literature on integrated studies.
- Historical experiments in integrated curriculum.
- Connect the relationship between multiple intelligences and integrated studies.
- Determine how K-12 content disciplines overlap in basic concepts and principles of inquiry and knowledge base.
Resources for Interdisciplinary Inquiries
- Identify print resources.
- Identify subject practitioners as resources.
- Examine field sites, artifacts, and experiments as resources.
- Discuss visual, audio, and computer technology as resources.
Developing Interdisciplinary Inquiry Through Themes
- Explore models in literature on theme studies.
- Examine the role of students in integrated studies.
- Examine the role of teachers in integrated studies.
- Identify starting points for thematic inquiry.
Implementing a Theme Study
- Examine criteria for selecting a thematic study.
- Determine inquiry skills for all disciplines.
- Identify areas for inquiry through K-12 state standards.
- Discuss content-specific connections across disciplines.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.