mte516 | Graduate
Foundations Of The Professional Educator
This graduate-level course is 6 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Issues and Trends in Education
- Analyze current issues and trends in education.
- Compare school choices for educating students.
- Discuss the implications of state standards on teaching.
- Describe the role of assessment in teaching.
- Describe the effects technological advancements have made on education.
Todayâ s Diverse Classrooms and Schools
- Describe the challenges of teaching in todayâs diverse classrooms and schools.
- Discuss the impact a teacherâs own bias and personal belief has on teaching practice.
- Assess the benefits multicultural education has on student learning.
- Explore ways to create an inclusive classroom environment.
Professional Growth as an Educator
- Describe how student learning is enhanced through professional development.
- Describe methods for collaborating with stakeholders to enhance learning.
- Examine practices that lead to becoming a reflective practitioner in the field of education.
Historical Foundations of Education
- Analyze the evolution of American education.
- Explain the current organizational structure of the American educational system.
- Examine the role of government and community in education.
Professional Standards and Expectations
- Examine certification requirements for your state.
- Explain the significance of teacher standards in professional practice.
- Explain the legal and ethical responsibilities of teachers.
- Identify the content knowledge and skills required to successfully complete required basic skills exams.
Philosophies of Education
- Examine the philosophical foundations and principles of education.
- Describe the relationship between educational philosophies and classroom practice.
- Assess the role of dispositions and motivation in teaching practice.
- Develop a personal philosophy of education.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.