Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all courses are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with an enrollment representative.
Course level: Undergraduate
This course is an advanced study of the C# programming language in the .NET platform. It covers topics around managing program flow, creating and using types, implementing data access, debugging applications and implementing security.
What you'll learn
What you’ll learn
- Use a hierarchy of classes.
- Define interfaces
- Implement the object lifecycle and the .Net Garbage Collector.
- Create and use properties to provide controlled access to data in an object.
- Employ .Net collections.
- Use collections in a program.
- Create a class based on business requirements.
- Implement delegates and events.
- Use LINQ (Language-Integrated Query) to query in memory data.
- Utilize operator overloading.
- Debug a C# application.
- Incorporate multithreading.
- Implement multithreading and asynchronous processing.
- Implement and debug JSON files and a Universal Windows Platform application.
- Use the Model-View-View-Model pattern.
- Display data on a form by using data binding.
- Validate user input.
- Fetch data using a REST web service.