rdng505 | Graduate
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
How Children Read With Interest and Share Their Reading; Poetry, Traditional Literature, Modern Fantasy, Science Fiction, and Contemporary Realistic Fiction
- Identify types of books that build community amongst readers.
- Explore various ways that readers can share books.
- Examine the types of reading plans that readers make.
- Explore the poetry genre and traditional literature.
- Explore studentsâ reading habits and the types of preferences for reading that readers demonstrate.
- Explore the modern fantasy, science fiction, and contemporary realistic fiction genres.
- Explore ways to support studentsâ reading at home and at school.
Managing a Classroom of Readers; Nonfiction and Historical Fiction
- Recognize the record keeping aspect of managing a class of readers.
- Evaluate ways to assess studentsâ progress in reading.
- Explore the nonfiction genre.
- Explore the historical fiction genre.
Children and Childrenâ s Literature; Picture Books
- Examine the qualities of childrenâs literature.
- Explore the value that childrenâs literature adds to childrenâs lives and learning.
- Identify ways to match children with literature that is appropriate to their age, reading level, and interests.
- Examine the literary elements of childrenâs literature.
- Explore picture books.
When and What Children Read; Multicultural and International Literature
- Explore the significance that time spent reading has on childrenâs learning.
- Identify ways that readers choose books.
- Examine teacher read aloud as an inspiration to students and their reading.
- Develop ways to broaden studentsâ interest in a variety of childrenâs literature.
- Explore how to create a classroom library to inspire readers.
- Explore multicultural literature and international literature.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.