sec441 | undergraduate
Security Of Networks And Enterprise Systems
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Advanced Network Security
- Explain how information security metrics support decision making.
- Identify prominent security standards organizations.
- Describe popular vendor-neutral professional certifications.
- Explain what compliance is and how it’s related to information security.
Information Security Fundamentals
- Define information security.
- Determine how an information technology security framework can reduce risk.
- Explain the impact of the internet on how people and businesses communicate.
- Define an acceptable level of risk or liability.
Risk Management and Information Security
- Define organizational risk management approaches.
- Explain how to manage and mitigate risk as part of security operations.
- Define access control concepts and technologies.
- Describe how identity is managed by access control.
- Identify ways organizations can promote user awareness of information systems security.
Access Control Concepts and Technologies
- Identify ways to monitor systems, including log management and the use of an intrusion detection system or intrusion protection system.
- Define security risk management.
- Explain how to prevent and recover from outages using a business continuity plan.
- Explain the importance of a business impact analysis with respect to business continuity and recover solutions.
Intranet, Internet, Wireless Network Security Threats, and Security Technologies
- Describe basic tools to defend against network security risks.
- Explain wireless networking and the threats it can pose to network security.
- Explain why continuous monitoring is not replacing the traditional security authorization process.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.