sec461 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Domestic and International Terrorism
- Describe the methodologies of domestic and international terrorism.
- Assess issues associated with media coverage of terrorism.
- Describe terrorism and the complex issues associated with a single definition of the term.
- Identify distinguishing factors that differentiate domestic and international terrorism, including their purposes and objectives.
Profile of Terrorism
- Summarize the concepts used to categorize both domestic and international terrorism.
- Identify the cultural factors that contribute to a terrorist mentality.
- Explain terrorism recruitment methods and the complexities of antiterrorism.
- Describe Right and Left Wing forms of terrorism and their association with Separatist or National Movements.
Threats to National and International Interest
- Assess the current threat of terrorism against U.S. public and private organizations.
- Analyze the risk associated with the threat of terrorism in relation to other threats.
- Analyze the effects, including psychological and economic, of weapons of mass destruction.
- Critique the impact of other forms of terrorism, including cyber terrorism.
Counterterrorism in Security Management
- Identify the counterterrorism efforts carried out by local, state, federal, and international partners.
- Justify the need for communication between public and private organizations.
- Discuss the economic cost of counterterrorism efforts.
- Analyze the current methods and legal issues of counterterrorism for security management.
After-Action Review of Terrorist Events
- Identify the participants, preparations, objectives, and impact of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
- Explore psychological and economic effects of the emerging trend of homegrown terrorism.
- Analyze the issues and complexities of terrorist attacks and attempted attacks.
- Assess the vulnerabilities exploited in recent terrorist attempts and the countermeasures for overcoming these security shortcomings.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.