sec587 | Graduate
Secondary Clinical Practice B
This graduate-level course is 7 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Learning Environment
- Compare and contrast various classroom and school procedures.
- Identify effective strategies for encouraging the healthy nutrition of children and youth.
- Describe the physiological and sociological effects of alcohol, narcotics, drugs, and tobacco.
- Compare various methods of classroom management.
- Analyze the implications that contextual factors may have on learning and the learning climate.
- Evaluate the aspects of the classroom environment that contribute to positive learning experiences.
- Analyze strategies for remediation of disruptive and non-disruptive student behaviors.
Reflection and Self-Evaluation
- Identify areas for improving instructional skills and classroom management skills.
- Evaluate your teaching performance relative to the instructional unit implemented for the teacher performance assessment.
Seeking a Teaching Position
- Evaluate the components of a teaching employment portfolio.
- Compare and contrast various teaching application formats.
- Evaluate personal and professional considerations when applying for a teaching position.
Managing the First Year of Teaching
- Describe effective personal and professional time management strategies.
- Identify best-practice strategies.
- Demonstrate a positive learning environment that supports student engagement in learning.
- Link prior academic learning to new learning.
- Interact positively with students to connect content area skills and deepen student learning.
- Model key strategies and provide meaningful opportunities for practice.
- Support the needs of diverse learners with strategies reinforced by research or theory.
- Provide instruction commentary with cited research.
- Identify all expectations under âTask 3: Assessing Studentsâ Learningâ from the edTPAÂ® Assessment Handbook.
- Analyze evidence of student learning.
- Evaluate assessment data to provide accurate feedback.
- Describe how focused students will use feedback to deepen their understanding of the content strategies.
- Explain and provide evidence of language use and content learning for students with varied needs.
- Use assessment results to propose targeted support to improve student learning.
- Create visual representations to profile student performance.
- Provide assessment commentary with cited research.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.