sped536 | Graduate
Transition Planning For Adolescents With Disabilities
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Self-Determination and Self-Advocacy
- Examine strategies and approaches to assist students in developing self-determination skills.
- Identify characteristics of successful self-advocacy.
- Locate national, state, and local resources available to support self-determination and self-advocacy.
- Describe successful self-determination skills.
Historical Backgrounds and Legal Issues in Transition Planning
- Identify historical background information and legal issues that influence transition planning.
- Identify components of national legislation that govern transition planning.
- Outline legal considerations that impact transition planning.
- Explore the requirements of transition plans in the individualized education program (IEP).
- Compare theories of transition planning.
Transition Planning Options, Strategies, and Assessment/Evaluation Tools
- Analyze various types of assessment tools used in transition planning.
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to develop effective transition plans.
- Evaluate the effects of a transition planning program on student outcomes.
- Differentiate terminal conclusion options for students with transition plans.
- Identify various transition planning options.
- Locate a variety of resources available to support transition planning.
- Explore effective collaboration strategies to facilitate successful transitions.
- Identify the domains of life skills needed for successful transition.
- Examine resources that support the acquisition of and development of life skills.
Creating a Learning Environment to Support Transition
- Assess elements of curriculum that support transition planning.
- Evaluate the factors that contribute to an effective learning environment for transition planning.
- Identify the resources necessary for an effective transition program.
- Develop a unit of instruction that facilitates transition planning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.