tesol570 | Graduate
Foundations Of Instruction
This graduate-level course is 4 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Language Acquisition Methodologies for Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Describe the stages of language acquisition.
- Explain the issues that impact language acquisition.
- Apply appropriate instructional methods for TESOL.
- Analyze the characteristics of a language-rich environment.
- Identify principles of student-centered learning.
Content Area Instruction and Assessment
- Explain how to use the thematic approach to teach English language learners in content areas.
- Identify the role of culture in math and science.
- Apply multiple perspectives in teaching social studies.
- Analyze the types and purposes of assessment for English language learners.
Programs of Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Compare TESOL program models.
- Identify principles of effective TESOL programs.
- Incorporate cultural themes into TESOL programs.
- Integrate appropriate technology into TESOL programs.
History, Law, and Theory; Cultural Diversity
- Identify the cultural, social, linguistic, and academic issues facing English language learners.
- Summarize the historical and legal aspects of teaching English language learners.
- Explain the educational theories and principles of teaching English language learners.
- Define multicultural education.
- Describe the processes in the development of cultural identity.
- Explain the role of culture in language minority studentsâ achievement.
- Analyze the influence of cultural diversity on instructional programs.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.