University of Phoenix is approved to operate in the following U.S. states and district, either through licensure, registration, general or specific approvals, consent, or exemption.
- Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education
- California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
- Colorado Department of Higher Education, Commission on Higher Education
- Government of the District of Columbia, Education Licensure Commission
- Florida Commission for Independent Education
- Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
- State of Hawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program (HPEAP) from
- Illinois Board of Higher Education
- State of Louisiana Board of Regents
- Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
- Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
- New Jersey Secretary of Higher Education
- New Mexico Higher Education Department
- Board of Governors for the University of North Carolina
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission
- Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
- Utah Division of Consumer Protection
- The State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
- Washington Student Achievement Council
University of Phoenix is subject to specific approval-related statements that are required by some states or provinces as follows:
Florida: Licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, License No. 2308.
Georgia: Authorized under the Nonpublic Postsecondary Educational Institutions Act of 1990.
Illinois: University of Phoenix is authorized to operate as a post-secondary educational institution by the Illinois Board of Higher Education, 1 N. Old State Capitol Plaza, Suite 333, Springfield, Illinois 62701-1377, www.ibhe.org.
Indiana: Fully authorized by the Indiana Commission for Postsecondary Proprietary Education. AC-0188. Indianapolis Campus: 7999 Knue Rd., Suites 100 & 500, Indianapolis, IN 46250; Northwest Indiana Campus: 8401 Ohio St., Merrillville, IN 46410.
Maryland: Registered with the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Ohio: Registration Number 1154320. Cleveland Main Campus: 3401 Enterprise Pkwy., Ste. 250, Beachwood, OH 44122.
Oklahoma: University of Phoenix is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (http://hlcommission.org). For more information about University of Phoenix accreditations and licensures, please visit http://www.phoenix.edu/about_us/accreditation.html.
College credit granted by University of Phoenix. Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.
Puerto Rico: University of Phoenix operates under a renewal license granted by the Puerto Rico Council on Education.
South Carolina: Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education. South Carolina Campus: 1001 Pinnacle Point Dr., Columbia, SC 29223.
Tennessee: Memphis Campus: 65 Germantown Ct., Ste. 100, Cordova, TN 38018; Nashville Campus: 616 Marriott Dr., Ste. 150, Nashville, TN 37214.
Virginia: University of Phoenix is certified to operate by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV). Virginia Beach Learning Center 150 Central Park Avenue Virginia Beach, VA, 23462.