Credit Transfer Policy
Academic credit earned for courses appearing on an official transcript from an approved, institutionally accredited university with a minimum grade of C- will be evaluated according to University policies and subject to the approval of the University's Central Office of Admissions.
Transfer credits based on a different unit of credit than the one prescribed by University of Phoenix are subject to conversion before being transferred. Only the official transcript and course evaluations performed by the University's Central Administrative Office of Admissions or Prior Learning Assessment Central are final. Any preliminary reviews by campus personnel are unofficial and not binding, and subject to change.
Approved institutional accrediting bodies are:
- Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
- Higher Learning Commission
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges / Commission on Technical and Career Institutions
- New England Commission of Higher Education
- Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- Western Senior College and University Commission
- Association of Advanced Rabbinical and Talmudic Schools, Accreditation Commission
- Association of Biblical Higher Education
- Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training
- Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools
- Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada / Commission on Accrediting
- Council on Occupational Education
- Distance Education Accrediting Commission
- National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts & Sciences
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges & Schools / Accreditation Commission
A maximum of 30 credits may also be awarded for successful completion of exams from approved national testing programs (Advanced Placement Exams [AP], College Level Examination Program [CLEP], Excelsior, Berlitz®, DANTES[DSST]), according to University policy.
University of Phoenix has partnered with many higher learning institutions around the world through articulation agreements so you can earn a bachelor's degree as efficiently as possible. For more information about how your previously earned credits will transfer to University of Phoenix please review the available transfer guides.
For additional details, please refer to your student catalog. If you have specific questions about your individual situation, please consult your University Enrollment Representative.
Berlitz is a trademark of Berlitz Investment Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.