Featured Doctoral Programs
The School of Advanced Studies offers doctoral programs that can help you develop as a scholar and leader in the academic and professional worlds. The Educational Specialist, the Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership, and the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership prepare you to be a leader in your organization and in your field.
Our curriculum is designed in collaboration with related businesses, industries, and professional organizations. You will be learning what you really need to know to be a leader in an evolving world, whether you are studying nursing, management, or education.
After you choose a program, verify with an enrollment representative to make sure the doctoral program you want is available in your state.
Prepare yourself to be a transformational leader within the educational community with a University of Phoenix Educational Specialist degree. Whether your vision is to make a difference in a classroom or in curriculum development, this terminal degree may position you for opportunities that are beyond a master’s degree. Our graduates are professionals in education who demonstrate analytical, critical and innovative thinking to improve the performance of any educational institution. Our 31-credit program emphasizes leadership and a specialization in curriculum and instruction.
- COM 705 Communication Strategies
- EDD 721 Planning and Leading Change
- EDD 722 The Legal Context of Education
- EDD 723 Ethics and Values in Learning Organizations
- EDD 731 The Economics of Education
- EDD 733 Evaluation and Assessment Methods
- CUR 712 Curriculum Theory
- CUR 721 Curriculum Development
- CUR 722 Instructional Models
- CUR 731 Supervision of Curriculum and Instruction
- EDS 799 Educational Specialist Capstone
Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership
The Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership program is designed for working professionals who want to become executive leaders in organizational management. The degree program provides learners who hold a master's degree a means of expanding their personal readiness as leaders in their professions or current organizations.
In this program, you will gain a mastery of leadership literature. You will demonstrate your intellect by applying what you learn to current organizational environments.
As a Doctor of Management student, you will learn to:
- Develop strategies for making a larger contribution to your organization and community
- Guide organizational research and apply organizational theories to enrich and increase productivity
- Evolve as a scholar who contributes to the academic and business worlds
Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
The Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program is designed to give you the tools you need to be an effective administrator and leader.
The degree program prepares you to become an administrator who strategically manages and leads complex K-12 organizations. Upon graduation, you will be able to demonstrate analytical, critical, and innovative thinking to improve the performance of educational institutions. The program is designed to emphasize leadership and to focus on applied research that improves educational environments.
As an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership student, you will learn:
- To strategically manage and lead complex educational organizations
- Analytical, critical, and innovative thinking in education
- Curriculum that is relevant and taught by experienced faculty who work in your field
Doctoral programs require three- to eight-day residencies in select cities. Please contact a University enrollment representative for details.