Contemporary Issues in Leadership
Start when you're ready
Choose an upcoming start date:
Please Note: Attendance and participation are mandatory in all University courses, and specific requirements may differ by course. If attendance requirements are not met, a student may be removed from the course. Please review the Course Attendance Policy in the Catalog for more information.
University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses. While widely available, not all programs are available to residents of all states. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Course level: Doctorate Courses
This course explores successful and controversial issues surrounding how and why senior leaders set and deploy organizational values, short and long-term directions, and performance expectations that create a balanced value in global organizations. The focus is on business results that encompass organizational learning; stakeholder satisfaction; and overall budgetary, financial, and market performance.
This doctorate level course requires proof of completion of a Master's degree. Be prepared to provide documentation during the checkout process.
What you'll learn
Course skills and outcomes
- Examine the role and influence of leadership in global organizations.
- Explore the influence of internal and external stakeholders on organizational leadership.
- Analyze global and cultural issues that affect an organization’s success.
- Apply change management theories to prepare and lead organizational change.
- Analyze leadership models that integrate multiple values and stakeholders’ interests for organizations in the global environment.