adm514 | Graduate
School Finance For Educators
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Finance Procedures and Practices
- Outline the steps needed to coordinate a school- and district-level budget.
- Identify the components of an annual budget.
- Identify district and state requirements for financial accounting and auditing procedures and practices.
- Explain the necessary roles to coordinate a school- and district-level budget.
The Role of Human Resources in Educational Finance
- Determine the relationship between human resources and the budget.
- Explain how the emerging role of teachers affects human resources.
- Evaluate the effects of merit pay related to school finance.
Economic and Social Considerations for Financing Education; State and Federal Roles in Education Financing
- Explain how the economy and society influence funding for education.
- Summarize how education benefits the economy and society.
- Compare adequate, equitable, and equal funding.
- Describe the role of the federal government in Kâ12 education historically and currently.
- Analyze funding sources and formulas.
- Analyze how federal aid influences Kâ12 education.
- Review the sources of revenue available for educational funding.
School Finance and Litigation
- Identify general funding principles established by court decisions.
- Review the issues over using public funds for private education.
- Analyze the effects of educational choice on school finance.
- Recommend methods for funding capital outlay projects.
- Review school bonding practices.
- Define risk management and the effect on school finance.
- Review the types of insurance that school districts are responsible for maintaining.
- Analyze the impact of transportation and food service programs related to school finance.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.