admin518 | Graduate
Leadership And Collaborative Processes
topic title goes here
Principles of Effective Educational Leadership
- Outline the traits, characteristics, and behaviors of effective leaders.
- Examine the Interstate School Leader Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) Standards as they relate to effective educational leadership.
- Compare the ISLLC standards to applicable state standards for school leaders.
- Debate the effectiveness among various strategies of decision making and problem solving.
- Defend the role of the educational leader as an instructional expert.
- Determine applicable communication and public relation strategies for diverse constituencies and a variety of situations.
- Define site-based management.
- Describe the components of site-based management and discuss its implications.
Leadership in the Context of the Learning Community
- Identify the diverse stakeholders of a learning community.
- Compare and contrast the various learning community models.
- Identify the qualities of high-performing organizations.
- Identify the ways in which individuals respond to conflict.
- Examine the nature of conflict in schools.
- Evaluate methods of conflict management.
- Examine historical foundations of educational leadership theory.
- Analyze the different models of leadership.
- Compare and contrast leadership and management.
- Examine the relationship among leadership styles and collaborative cultures.
- Relate the historical perspectives of school climate and culture to collaborative educational environments.
- Examine the process of building collaborative cultures and managing conflict.
- Analyze techniques for effective collaborative decision making and problem solving.
Legal and Ethical Leadership
- Identify key legal issues that affect educational leadership.
- Relate roles and functions of the educational leader to ethical decision making.
- Evaluate how varying models of leadership apply to legal and to ethical issues.
- Demonstrate understanding of visioning principles.
- Understand the dynamics of reform movements in education.
- Examine the role and related challenges of the educational leader as a change agent.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.