admin570 | Graduate
Equity, Diversity, And Access In Education
topic title goes here
- Describe examples of and issues relating to teacher agency in schools.
- Investigate critical theory as it relates to the impact of class, race, power, gender, and privilege on education and learning.
- Analyze the implications of cultural capital and social capital for schools, instruction, and students’ academic success.
- Examine the diversity of students, teachers, administrators, and staff in a school and the implications of differences among groups.
- Examine examples of institutionalized bias in schools and school districts.
Equitable Democratic Classrooms and School Environments
- Examine the impact of culture on teaching practices and student learning.
- Propose strategies and resources that teachers and administrators can utilize to bridge cultural gaps that exist between school climate and students’ cultures.
- Describe key components of equity and access in a culturally responsive school.
Culturally Responsive Schools
- Determine dispositions of culturally responsive teachers and administrators.
- Identify the elements of culturally responsive curriculum, materials, and instructional practices.
- Examine classroom organization and pedagogical practices that provide equal access to learning for all students.
- Propose ways of consolidating and using data from varied sources to address students’ individual learning styles and needs.
- Evaluate strategies for differentiation of instruction and assessment to address students’ varied learning styles and specific learning needs.
Generating Change in Schools for Equity, Diversity, and Access
- Determine a plan for developing and implementing school practices with community members, families, and staff to create a more inclusive and culturally responsive school.
- Create professional development opportunities with teachers and other stakeholders to support growth towards a more culturally responsive school.
Demographic and Educational Change
- Identify major demographic and educational changes which have occurred from the mid-twentieth century through the present.
- Analyze the impact of demographic and educational changes on schools, curriculum, and instruction.
Equity, Diversity, and Access
- Describe the concepts of equity, diversity, and access.
- Explain the significance of and the issues concerning educating for democracy and equity.
- Examine personal beliefs and values regarding diversity and equity.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.