aet500 | Graduate
Foundations Of Adult Learning Theory
topic title goes here
Learning Transactions With Adults
- Identify characteristics of adult learners.
- Examine ways to utilize andragogical techniques.
- Analyze the impact of learning styles on adult learning.
- Identify the ways in which adult educators can promote critical thinking skills.
- Compare and contrast traditional and non-traditional instructional models.
Adult Development and Learning Cont.
- Explain memory and cognition.
- Analyze the adult learning process and experience.
- Examine key theories of learning.
Adult Development and Learning
- Analyze the influences of sociocultural and integrative perspectives on development.
- Examine the biological and psychological development of adult learners.
- Explore cognitive development in adulthood.
- Examine the notion of intelligence in reference to adult learners.
Adult Learning Environment
- Describe the characteristics of formal and informal adult education and training settings.
- Examine the motivation of adults in the learning environment.
- Describe the most common challenges in an education or in a training environment.
- Explain ethics and values as they pertain to the adult learning environment.
History of Adult Learning
- Explore the history of adult learning and andragogy.
- Explain the impact of federal mandates on adult education and training.
- Compare and contrast andragogy and pedagogy.
Purposes and Principles of Adult Education and Training
- Analyze the purposes of adult education and training.
- Examine the fundamental principles of adult learning.
- Identify the providers of adult education and training.
- Explore subject-matter categories of adult learning.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.