apmt315 | undergraduate
Technology And Society
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
The Influence of Technology on Society
- Establish whether the loss of privacy in a highly networked surveillance society leads to a positive or negative outcome.
- Analyze the various technological techniques used to digitize desire.
- Evaluate how technologies are changing the way people define themselves and present themselves in society.
- Evaluate whether current advances in the digital world are creating greater social equity.
Technology and Social Change
- Evaluate a tech-savvy organizationâs ability to shape societal and cultural values and norms.
- Identify why digital games frequently create or are surrounded by controversy.
- Demonstrate the various techniques used in social media to affect social change.
- Evaluate persuasive techniques employed by technology that are designed to motivate continuous engagement.
Technology in Education, Training, and Therapy
- Analyze the effects of using digital technology in education and training.
- Argue the ethics of treating knowledge as a human right instead of a commodity.
- Determine how technology can be used to increase diversity on the web.
- Evaluate the ethics of current online therapy practices.
The Future of Technology and Society
- Identify possible effects that more pervasive or intimate technologies will have on identity development, education, training, and therapy.
- Debate the effects nanotechnology and neo eugenics are having on sociocultural and individual development.
- Analyze neuroscience research on the effects of virtual and wearable technology.
- Predict the types of challenges the future digitized world must address.
The Evolution of Technology
- Categorize the effects modern technology has on sociocultural development and on the individual.
- Identify the significance of the evolution of technology and rapid technological advancement for society.
- Identify the components of and perform a digital cultural analysis.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.