apmt440 | undergraduate
Influence Of Media On Behavior
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Mediaâ s Impact on Society
- Identify how propaganda can be used to influence how change will affect mass culture.
- Explain how media can be used for mass persuasion gains, and use deductive reasoning to identify media persuasion tactics.
- Describe how mass society theories influence human behavior.
- Describe how selective influence theory employs propaganda to derive positive and negative societal changes.
Mediaâ s Impact on Violence and Gender Issues
- Analyze mediaâs portrayal of crime and its effect on social perception.
- Identify how media affects the perception of violence within the culture.
- Analyze how media influences the affiliation process of friendship, love, and romance.
- Compare how various genders are portrayed in media and the impact this has on society.
- Explore how media affects body image and eating behaviors.
Mediaâ s Impact Throughout the Developmental Stages in Children and Teens
- Analyze how socioeconomic issues related to media access affect human behavior.
- Evaluate how social media connectivity impacts child and teen development.
- Describe how personal mobile and wearable smart technological devices persuade an individualâs behavior and individual and social goals.
The Future of Media Psychology
- Discuss how social networking and social media is influencing and changing the way information travels throughout society.
- Examine societal limitations to information and technology regulations.
- Explore how anarchy and the breakdown of a collective society can occur through media.
- Explain how dependence on information sources can affect human behavior based on social class and ethnicity.
- Identify career opportunities within the professional field of media psychology.
- Interpret how media psychology is both an academic and practitioner field.
- Analyze the implications of empirical research in media psychology
- Examine how personal assumptions influence the scope and perceptions of the role of media technologies in society.
- Identify the challenges of defining a professional field of study that has a continual emergence of new technology.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.