arts230 | undergraduate
Survey Of The Visual Arts
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Conceptualizing Visual Art in the Modern Era
- Describe how art communicates meaning, aesthetic awareness, and cultural value.
- Identify the artistic and aesthetic movements in the late 19th and early 20th century.
- Explain the influence of new technologies on the visual arts.
Defining the Visual Arts
- Differentiate the visual arts from other art forms of creative expression.
- Define aesthetics and the aesthetic eras.
- Explain the role of visual art as a cultural value.
Understanding How the Visual Arts Communicate Meaning
- List the elements and principles of visual arts design.
- Identify the basics of visual arts composition.
- Analyze and interpret a work of visual art.
- Evaluate the quality of an artwork based on the elements and principles of visual design.
Differentiating the Visual Arts Media
- Compare the skills needed for drawing and painting.
- Explain how sculpture and architecture shape the environment.
- Distinguish form and function in crafts and decorative arts.
Distinguishing the Historical and Aesthetic Eras of the Visual Arts
- Compare the function of visual art in the ancient and classical eras.
- Recognize the way aesthetic values evolved through art historical eras.
- Analyze how neoclassical ideals precipitated the aesthetics of romanticism.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.