aut513 | Graduate
Autism Spectrum Disorders: Behavior Management
This graduate-level course is 4 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Behavioral Characteristics and Assessing Behavior
- Describe the behavioral characteristics of students with autism spectrum disorders.
- Explain how the demands of daily activities may affect students with autism spectrum disorders.
- Identify the purpose and components of behavior assessments.
- Recommend tools for assessing behavior.
Behavior Intervention Plans
- Describe the behavioral effect of sensory processing disorders.
- Explain how to support students with autism spectrum disorders using research on behavior intervention.
- Recommend a comprehensive behavior intervention plan.
Increasing and Shaping Positive Behaviors
- Describe reinforcers and reinforcement.
- Contrast negative reinforcement and punishment.
- Illustrate stimulus control.
Behavior Generalization and Self-Monitoring Strategies
- Describe behavior maintenance and generalization strategies.
- Recommend self-monitoring strategies.
- Determine possible resolutions to ethical issues in implementing behavior intervention strategies.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.