bio101 | undergraduate
Principles Of Biology
topic title goes here
Genetics and Molecular Biology
- Explain the process of meiosis and how it affects the genetic makeup of an organism.
- Explain how Gregor Mendelâs experiments influenced the foundations of genetics.
- Describe the structure and function of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) as the molecule of inheritance.
Evolution and Diversity
- Summarize how the theory of evolution was developed.
- Identify common misconceptions about the theory of evolution.
- Analyze the role of natural selection in the theory of evolution.
- Explain the importance of biodiversity.
- Identify the structure and function of the main organs in animals.
- Analyze how organisms evolved physiologically to become suited to their environment.
- Describe how the interaction of biotic and abiotic environmental components affect population growth and regulation.
- Analyze the effects of human activities on ecosystems and the biosphere.
- Describe the flow of energy and materials in an ecosystem.
- Describe how to create hypotheses and experiments using the scientific method.
- Summarize the fundamental concepts of chemistry in biology.
- Describe the energy metabolism of cells.
- Compare structures and functions of different cell types.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.