bpa201 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Public Administration
topic title goes here
Political and Social Theories in Public Administration
- Explain the changing environment of governance.
- Explain the importance of public participation to promote accountability.
- Discuss governing in an age of transformation.
Leadership and Decision Making in Public Administration
- Discuss the concept of leading public organizations strategically.
- Discuss collective leadership in a shared-power environment.
- Explain collective leadership and democratic governance.
- Explain the importance of developing intrapersonal skills as a public leader.
Human Resources, Motivation, & Compensation in Public Administration
- Explain the importance for public leaders to be able to inspire their employees using public service motivation.
- Discuss the unique context of public sector compensation.
Budgeting and Finance in Public Administration
- Explain the performance budgeting process.
- Discuss the various types of government revenue.
- Explain reliable revenue systems.
Ethics in Public Administration
- Define the historical meaning of public service.
- Discuss the emerging opportunities for public leaders to embrace ethical principles.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.