ccmh558 | Graduate
Crisis Intervention And Trauma
topic title goes here
Violence, Crisis Negotiation, and Counselor Self-Care
- Analyze the theoretical basis and operating paradigm for large-scale disasters.
- Demonstrate the integration of crisis with trauma counseling skills.
- Explain appropriate responses to violent behavior within public institutions.
- Describe basic crisis negotiation strategies and survival techniques.
- Explain counselor burnout, vicarious traumatization, and compassion fatigue.
Integration of Crisis Intervention Strategies
- Demonstrate critical thinking, independent problem solving, and performance capabilities in relation to crisis counseling and management.
- Demonstrate analysis and synthesis of information from multiple sources in a crisis management situation.
Foundations of Crisis Management, Part I
- Examine the basic rationale and the theoretical and conceptual information needed for applied crisis intervention.
- Explore the cultural implications of crisis management.
- Analyze the Triage Assessment System for crisis intervention.
Foundations of Crisis Management, Part II
- Analyze the foundational skills of crisis management in the counseling setting.
- Differentiate between crisis intervention and long-term therapy.
- Examine the special considerations in electronic crisis counseling.
- Describe counseling ethics in crisis response.
Crucial Components of Crisis Response: PTSD, Suicide Prevention, Sexual Trauma, and Triage
- Articulate the appropriate assessment and treatment strategies for crises related to PTSD.
- Explain the appropriate use of suicide prevention strategies.
- Apply counseling interventions for clients who have experienced sexual trauma.
- Describe the differences between the assessment instruments for crisis triage.
Domestic Violence, School Violence, Substance Abuse, Grief, and Response Techniques
- Analyze the effect of abuse and partner violence in domestic relationships.
- Examine the relationship between codependency and substance abuse.
- Apply counseling models and strategies for coping with unresolved grief.
- Describe crisis response team models in a school environment.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.