cis207t | undergraduate
Information Systems Fundamentals
topic title goes here
Privacy, Security, and Systems Development
- Identify three places that store personal data and discuss at least one potential threat to the privacy of the data stored there for each one.
- Discuss the ten types of deliberate attacks.
- Define the three risk mitigation strategies, and provide an example of each one in the context of owning a home.
- Describe the general functions of the operating system.
- Identify the major types of application software.
Introduction to Information Systems
- Describe the various types of computer-based information systems in an organization.
- Discuss ways in which information technology can affect managers and nonmanagerial workers.
- Differentiate between business process reengineering, business process improvement, and business process management.
- Identify the career opportunities within the information systems industry.
Information Systems in Business
- Describe the three business models for business-to-business electronic commerce.
- Identify the purpose of transaction processing systems.
- Categorize the types of support that information systems can provide for each functional area of the organization.
- Describe and provide examples of different ways that organizations can use business intelligence (BI).
Networking and Cloud Computing
- Compare and contrast the major types of networks.
- Describe the key characteristics and advantages of cloud computing.
- Discuss the concerns and risks associated with cloud computing.
Data and Knowledge Management
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of relational databases.
- Define Big Data and discuss its basic characteristics.
- Describe the benefits and challenges of implementing knowledge management systems in organizations.
- Identify the potential value and the potential limitations of artificial intelligence.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.