cis291 | undergraduate
PC And Device Fundamentals
topic title goes here
Peripherals and Accessories
- Document steps and considerations for installing and configuring peripherals and accessories.
- Propose an appropriate print technology for a given scenario.
- Describe printer maintenance and troubleshooting steps to resolve performance issues.
- Summarize types of accessories and peripherals commonly used in workstation setups.
Application and Troubleshooting
- Design a system setup to satisfy a work order.
- Install, configure, and test new hardware components in PC or mobile systems.
- Select processes and compatible components to repair a PC or mobile device.
- Define the steps needed to repair mobile device performance issues.
- Direct an end-user to resolve a performance issue.
The Motherboard and Connectors
- Identify and explain Personal Computer (PC) and mobile device motherboard form factors, components, their purpose, and characteristics.
- Select and explain necessary PC connector types and laptop ports for given systems, including requirements of the connection interfaces and ports.
- Catalog processors, Random Access Memory (RAM), storage systems, expansion cards, power supplies, and cooling systems for given user needs compatible with current motherboards and operating systems.
- Recommend compatible hardware replacement options using reliable and credible information sources.
Hardware Installation and Configuration
- Create process documents that explain the steps to install and configure PC and mobile device hardware and components.
- Configure hardware components using Basic Input/Output System/Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (BIOS/UEFI) setting tools.
- Construct a hardware troubleshooting process and monitoring resources list useful in resolving hardware performance issues.
- Define and resolve hardware performance problems that occur during installation.
Configuration, Maintenance, and Security
- Recommend and explain hardware security methods appropriate to organization and user needs and expectations.
- Explain PC and mobile device preventative maintenance practices necessary for peak performance and longevity.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware performance issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.