cja305 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Public Order Crimes
- Evaluate the criminalization of prostitution, obscenity and lewdness.
- Analyze federal and state and asset forfeiture. anti-drug legislation.
- Define crimes against public order, safety and national security.
- Identify crimes related to drugs and alcohol.
Crime Victims and Crime Punishment
- Analyze the resources related to victim advocacy and witness support.
- Explain the evolution of victimsâ assistance and protection programs.
- Evaluate the goals of sentencing and alternative sanctions.
- Define plea bargaining and intermediate sanctions.
- Describe the Eighth Amendment and its relationship to capital punishment.
- Analyze forms of sentencing and their rationale.
Criminal Law, the Concept of Crime, and Criminal Liability
- Define inchoate offenses.
- Define accomplice liability.
- Identify the sources, purposes and jurisdiction of criminal law.
- Describe the adversarial system and the concept of criminal liability.
- Describe the elements of crime: actus reus, mens rea, and concurrence.
- Explain how to read citations and brief a case.
Personal, Property, and Computer Crimes
- Define different types of homicide.
- Describe computer and high-technology crimes.
- Define the meaning of corpus delicti.
- Distinguish between assault, battery, and mayhem.
- Identify sexual assault and the elements of sex crimes.
- Define kidnapping and false imprisonment.
- Differentiate between robbery, burglary, and theft.
Criminal Responsibility and Defenses
- Explain the nature of and types of defenses to criminal charges.
- Assess the legal aspects of competency to stand trial.
- Investigate the determination of insanity in the criminal law.
- Compare justification and excuse.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.