cja315 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Pretrial Procedures The Trial Process
- Explain preliminary examinations and the role of the grand jury.
- Analyze the prosecutorâs duty to disclose exculpatory information.
- Describe a defendantâs rights at trial.
- Explain the pretrial process.
- Describe pretrial detention and the concept of bail.
Introduction to Criminal Procedure
- Describe the Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
- Explain the applicability of the Bill of Rights to the states via the Fourteenth Amendment.
The Fourth Amendment and the Exclusionary Rule
- Explain the common law background of the Fourth Amendment.
- Analyze the rationale and purpose of the exclusionary rule.
- Identify exceptions to the exclusionary rule.
- Identify alternative remedies to the exclusionary rule.
- Define search and seizure.
Essential Fourth Amendment Concepts
- Explain the expectation of privacy.
- Explain probable cause as it relates to searches and arrests.
- Describe exceptions to warrant requirements.
- Explain automobile search rules.
- Explain the concept of stop and frisk.
- Explain requirements regarding border and regulatory searches.
Right to Counsel Interrogation and Identification
- Describe the concept of self-incrimination.
- Explain the Miranda decision.
- Explain the development of the right to counsel.
- Describe the right to counsel in a criminal proceeding.
- Describe eyewitness identification procedures.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.