cja335 | undergraduate
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Statistical Significance and Tests
- Describe how to use ANOVA to compare more than two conditions in research.
- Describe the Z- and T-tests for comparing differences between means.
- Explain the purpose of chi-square and when to apply it.
- Explain how descriptive and inferential statistics support the criminal justice research process.
- Differentiate between descriptive and inferential statistics and how they support the criminal justice research process.
Statistics in Criminal Justice
- Compute the mean, median, and mode.
- Explain how statistics are used in criminal justice.
- Define descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic statistical terminology (qualitative, quantitative, variables, mean, median, mode, sample, population, etc.).
- Differentiate the four levels of measurement.
Survey Design and Describing Data
- Calculate the variance and standard deviation of a population.
- Compute the confidence interval around a population mean.
- Develop a survey research design to minimize bias and collect valuable data for criminal justice research.
- Calculate z scores for normally distributed data.
- Define descriptive statistical measures.
Measuring Correlation and Making Inferences
- Distinguish among methods of establishing correlation between variables.
- Interpret the statistical significance of r.
- Define statistical inference.
- Explain the logic of hypothesis testing and the role of the null hypothesis.
Reporting and Evaluating Statistical Results
- Assess issues surrounding the collection, analysis, and utilization of statistical data.
- Critique the use of statistics by criminal justice professionals.
- Assess the effectiveness of criminal justice research.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.