cja474 | undergraduate
Managing Criminal Justice Personnel
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
- Identify the socialization processâstages and models of influence.
- Identify problems in the socialization process.
- Describe strategies for socialization.
- Define occupational socialization.
- Define organizational culture.
Personnel Supervision and Evaluation
- Apply guidelines for supervision and evaluation to managing criminal justice personnel.
- Describe types of problem employees and situations.
- Explain various disciplinary actions.
- Apply theories of organizational effectiveness to the management of criminal justice personnel.
- Define organizational effectiveness.
- Describe methods for exerting control in an organizational setting.
- Compare bureaucratic and agile organizations.
- Identify the elements of managing by objective (MBO).
- Explain what values do for and to us.
- Explain the nature and importance of human values in the workplace.
- Identify your core values.
- Describe how people acquire and change values.
Motivation and Empowerment
- Compare motivation and empowerment.
- Apply theories of motivation to managing criminal justice personnel.
- Define the components of empowerment.
- Analyze the implications of empowerment and delegation in a criminal justice organization.
- Analyze the role of trust in personnel issues.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.