cjs205 | undergraduate
Composition For Communication In The Criminal Justice System
topic title goes here
The Communication Process
- Explain how to overcome potential barriers in different types of communication.
- Describe the communication process.
- Identify the types, components, and functions of verbal and nonverbal communication in criminal justice settings.
Communication Techniques in Interviewing
- Identify proper communication techniques necessary for various criminal justice settings.
- Describe effective interviewing and questioning techniques.
- Discuss interviewing preparation methods related to desired interview outcomes.
- Explain the significance of nonverbal cues during the interview process.
- Identify the types and uses of written communication in criminal justice settings.
- Explain the guidelines for fact-based report writing in criminal justice settings.
- Illustrate how effective written communication affects the criminal justice process.
Specialized Issues in Communication
- Identify strategies for effectively communicating with various entities within the criminal justice process.
- Compare communication dynamics in non-emergency and emergency incidents and conflict situations.
- Discuss methods for overcoming language and situational barriers in communication.
Technology and Communication
- Explain the effects of technology on communication within the criminal justice system.
- Describe ways of using technological communication methods in criminal justice settings.
- Identify the impact of social media on communication between the criminal justice system and the public.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.