cmgt431 | undergraduate
Information Systems Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Security Planning and Implementation
- Describe three appropriate levels of security for an organizationâs network.
- Evaluate an incident response process.
- Discuss concepts and principles of securing and protecting information assets.
- Apply risk management processes to support business continuity.
Security Governance, Risk Management, and Ethics
- Reflect on the organizational processes in security governance.
- Compare mitigation plans and the appropriate security risks involved during implementation.
- Discuss how an organizationâs code of ethics impacts security.
- Summarize five key components of asset security standards and security governance.
Vulnerabilities, Cryptography, Protocols, and Networks
- Review the various access control categories and privileges applied to securing physical business assets.
- Demonstrate the application and use of asymmetric and symmetric cryptography.
- Discuss vulnerabilities of security architecture.
- Explain the process of a secure network and communications security architecture.
Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS) and Testing
- Discuss Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS).
- Review and discuss integration of Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS).
- Evaluate the testing and assessment strategies for software development.
- Describe the difference between internal and external security audits.
Incident Response, Prevention, and Change Management
- Evaluate security incidents within an organization.
- Describe preventative and mitigation measures against cyber-attacks on an organization.
- Create a Change and Configuration Management Plan.
- Assess environmental and security controls in a software development life cycle.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.