comm110 | undergraduate
Introduction To Oral Communication
topic title goes here
Public Speaking Basics
- Identify the signs of speech anxiety and methods for resolving anxiety.
- Recognize the basic elements of the speech communication process.
Speech Preparation: Organization and Audience Analysis
- Explain audience analysis for presentations.
- Determine appropriate topics for a speech based on audience and message.
- Differentiate the four methods for delivering oral presentations.
- Identify appropriate presentation organization for an informative presentation.
Characteristics of Effective Oral Presentations
- Identify the verbal and nonverbal characteristics of effective presentation delivery.
- Determine effective use of visual aids for a presentation.
- Explain constructive presentation and speech critique methods.
Presenting the Speech
- Use effective language in an oral presentation.
- Demonstrate effective persuasion skills in an oral presentation.
- Use effective supporting visual material in an oral presentation.
Presenting and Listening
- Describe methods to improve listening skills.
- Demonstrate the effective use of media in a presentation.
- Describe effective group presentation methods or skills.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.