cpss412 | undergraduate
Organic- And Physiologically-based Disorders
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Substance-Related and Anxiety Disorders
- Determine the prevalence of anxiety disorders in society and the criminal justice system.
- Describe intervention techniques for treatment of anxiety disorders.
- Analyze the relationship between substance-related disorders and crime.
- Identify the diagnostic criteria of anxiety disorders.
Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorders
- Analyze the relationship between schizophrenia and crime.
- Determine symptoms of schizophrenia.
- Describe physiological factors associated with development of schizophrenia.
- Determine treatment interventions for schizophrenia.
Disorders Related to Mood
- Identify the diagnostic criteria of disorders related to mood.
- Determine the prevalence of disorders related to mood in society and the criminal justice system.
- Describe intervention techniques for treatment of disorders related to mood.
Disorders Related to Development
- Describe the theory of rational choice.
- Describe common theories of crime from the psychological perspectives.
- Describe different trait theories.
- Describe common theories of crime causation from the physical and biological perspectives.
Overview of Mental Illness in Crime
- Define crime, criminality, and criminal justice.
- Differentiate between deviance and criminality.
- Analyze the purpose of criminology and its impact on the criminal justice system and social control.
- Explain the issues related to victims and victimization.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.