cpss430 | undergraduate
Maintaining Boundaries And Self-care
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Correctional Trauma and Fatigue
- Describe the effects of secondary trauma on people working in the correctional setting.
- Describe the strategies for overcoming compassion fatigue and corrections fatigue.
- Describe the strategies for individual self-care following trauma or secondary trauma.
- Identify situations in which trauma may occur in the correctional setting.
- Determine strategies for maintaining boundaries for interpersonal relationships with diverse clients in the correctional setting.
- Describe strategies for addressing client resistance to treatment.
- Identify the effect of resistant and unsuccessful clients on corrections professionalâs self-efficacy.
- Identify situations in which you may need to seek personal counseling.
- Determine ways to maintain a healthy life balance between your career and personal life.
Values, Ethics, and Boundaries
- Identify the issues related to maintaining boundaries in the correctional setting.
- Apply your personal ethical code and the correctional code of ethics to a specific situation.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.