cur515 | Graduate
Critical Thinking And Innovative Skills
This graduate-level course is 6 This course is available as part of a degree or certificate program. To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Creating a Thinking Culture
Determine strategies to collaborate with families and community members to develop a thinking culture.
- Collaborate with others to create learning environments that support individual and collaborative learning.
Theories, Standards, and Strategies for Teaching Critical Thinking
- Apply quality questioning strategies to academic content areas.
- Identify multiple teaching perspectives within academic disciplines.
- Identify strategies to provide students with equal access to academic content.
- Identify Common Core State Standards, or other relevant state academic standards, that encourage critical thinking within academic disciplines.
Framing Quality Questions
Design instruction to support a diverse student body.
- Design instruction that supports quality questioning.
- Design instruction to meet rigorous learning goals by integrating knowledge of academic content areas, curriculum, and cross-disciplinary skills.
Using Technology to Promote Student Involvement
- Integrate technologies into instruction effectively to promote critical thinking.
Feedback and Assessment
Identify a variety of assessments to measure student progress in reaching content standards.
Identify appropriate feedback to encourage student progress in meeting content standards.
- Identify a variety of assessments and feedback to encourage critical thinking.
- Integrate critical thinking instructional strategies into lessons to promote diverse student interest and engagement in the classroom.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.