cur530 | Graduate
Assessment And Evaluation Models
topic title goes here
Assessment System and Types: Formative and Summative
- Identify essential components of a school Common Core assessment consortium: either the PARCC or Smarter Balanced consortium.
- Examine how your current Kâ12 state testing system integrates within the PARCC and Smarter Balanced school accountability system.
- Define formative assessments.
- Define summative assessments.
- Compare the use of formative versus summative assessments within a variety of instructional contexts.
- Define the essential elements of a balanced assessment system.
Assessment Driving Instruction
- Describe the function and purpose of data teams.
- Use item analysis techniques to diagnose student needs.
Standards-Based Assessments: Validity, Reliability, and Bias
- Compare the essential components of norm-referenced assessment systems versus standards-based assessment systems.
- Identify the concepts of validity and reliability in assessments.
- Compare the essential elements of selected response and constructed response assessments.
Student Involvement in Assessment
- Summarize the benefits of involving students in the assessment process.
- Describe the co-constructing criteria process.
- Design a student self-assessment that corresponds to a unit of study.
- Explain the benefit of studentâs use of assessment information to improve their work.
- Identify assessment bias.
- Identify strategies to improve teacher developed assessments.
- Explain authentic assessments and their role within a balanced assessment plan.
- Compare and contrast authentic assessment versus traditional assessment.
- Construct a complete assessment plan based on a unit of instruction including traditional-, portfolio-, performance-, and authentic-based practices.
- Discuss the challenges faced in creating and sustaining a data-driven culture.
- Examine the advantages and challenges to working as a team in the assessment process.
- Describe the changes that occur when the assessment process moves beyond one classroom to a team and then outward to an entire school.
- Reflect on the process of creating an assessment plan for a unit of instruction.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.