cyb110 | undergraduate
Foundations Of Security
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Introduction to Threats and Defenses of Systems
- Differentiate between threats, risks, and vulnerabilities.
- Secure an operating system.
- List different types of malware and attack vectors.
Threats and Defenses of Online Interactions
- Identify threats posed by using a web browser.
- Explain risks associated with online social networking.
- Use security procedures when interacting online and utilizing email.
Threats and Defenses of Network Connections, Mobile, and Cloud Computing
- Outline the threats and defenses of network connections, mobile devices, and cloud computing services.
- Explain methods used to protect network connections and mobile devices.
- Identify how cloud computing services function and methods used to protect them.
Introduction to Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
- List data backup tools and processes.
- Define secure backup policies and procedures.
- Relate business continuity and disaster recovery plans to an organizationâs security.
Data Security Fundamentals
- Relate how foundational concepts: Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of data and systems interact and affect each other.
- Identify ways to protect data at rest, data in transit, and processing.
- Explain access control techniques.
- Outline policies to enforce security.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.