cyb140 | undergraduate
Computer Network Defense Part 2
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Secure Firewall Configuration, Deployment, and Management
- Evaluate how to deploy and manage the appropriate firewall solution for a network.
- Analyze five different types of firewalls and their respective strengths and weaknesses.
- Detail the steps to configure a firewall.
Secure IDS Configuration, Deployment, and Management
- Describe the different types of intrusions.
- Distinguish how intrusion-prevention and intrusion-detection systems are designed and operate.
- Illustrate deployment strategies for preventing and detecting intrusion.
- Describe the role of wireless intrusion prevention systems.
Secure VPN Configuration, Deployment, and Management
- Examine various VPN configurations, such as PPTP and L2TP.
- Illustrate the protection mechanisms that a VPN provides.
- Elaborate on how a typical VPN is configured and deployed within a network.
Physical and Host Security
- Determine the need for physical security of systems and networks.
- Compare various physical security controls.
- Describe the threats specific to individual hosts.
- Describe the minimum security baseline requirements for various operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Describe and contrast the minimum security baseline requirements for different types of servers.
- Describe and contrast the minimum security baseline requirements for different types of applications.
- Identity the unique security baseline requirements for virtualized hosts.
- Compare standard host security requirements.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.