cyb235 | undergraduate
Project Ethical Hacking
This undergraduate-level course is 5 To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Scalable Plan for Behavior Monitoring, Intrusion Detection, and Threat Mitigation
- Complete a scalable plan for behavior monitoring, intrusion detection, and threat mitigation.
- Employ firewalls, honeypots, and cryptography to protect computer infrastructure in wireless, mobile, and cloud-based platforms.
- Present a comprehensive report of the results of penetration testing.
Ethical Hacking Project Definition
- Reexamine the key elements of ethical hacking.
- Write a statement of ethics for the ethical hacking project using ideas developed in prior courses.
- Acknowledge the project requirements using a functional-requirements specification.
- Specify the required tools and their use in penetration testing.
- Produce a penetration testing agreement with system specifications based on ideas developed in prior courses.
Critical Controls and Risk Assessment
- Select critical controls and suggest mitigation strategies.
- Refine the security risk management process.
- Demonstrate tools, such as footprinting, reconnaissance, enumeration, sniffing, scanning, and system hacking.
Social Engineering, Asset Discovery, and Analysis
- Dramatize the methods of social engineering.
- Employ asset discovery and ethical hacking techniques.
- Provide an asset assessment plan.
Vulnerabilities Discovery and Reporting
- Examine an intrusion detection system.
- Interpret evasion techniques used to elude intrusion detection systems.
- Provide a vulnerability assessment and mitigation plan.
- Draft a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M).
- Recommend a system and physical control implementation plan.
- Demonstrate behavior monitoring.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.