cyb411 | undergraduate
Information Systems Core Competencies
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Access Control and Disaster Recovery Policies
- Understand the role and importance of a disaster recovery plan and disaster recovery testing.
- Create an access control policy.
- Create a physical security policy.
- Assess the access control mechanisms and how they are critical in ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems and data.
Network and Application Security Controls
- Compare the various frameworks that direct minimum requirements for security controls, such as NIST, OWASP, OSSTMM, and CIS Critical Security Controls (SANS20).
- Create policies that guide the implementation of proper security controls for distinct systems and components.
- Create policies that guide the implementation of proper security controls for web applications.
Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Implement the Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM) approach to assessing the risks associated with security controls that do not meet minimum standards or failed security tests.
- Analyze the differences between OSSTMM and NIST.
- Create an incident response plan based on the understanding of threats and vulnerabilities as they exist within a business.
- Assess how independent penetration testing is used to identify vulnerabilities and mitigate risks.
- Develop a penetration test agreement that covers appropriate scope for business requirements.
- Assess a penetration test report and how it impacts business objectives.
Systems Security & Best Practices
- Analyze systems hardening techniques used to mitigate identified risks.
- Assess the differences between operating system, application, and database hardening.
- Create a risk mitigation plan based on the penetration test results, existing plan of action and milestones, and planned hardening tasks.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.