dat380 | undergraduate
Advanced Database Architecture
This undergraduate-level course is 5 weeks To enroll, speak with an Enrollment Representative.
topic title goes here
Business Reporting and Data Analytics
- Execute Structured Query Language (SQL) scripts to a distributed database.
- Create a distributed database to support defined business needs and requirements.
- Model how data warehousing works within a distributed database system environment.
- Describe the interactions of Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) and data mining with business intelligence applications.
Managing Distributed and Object-Oriented Databases
- Recommend a management plan for a new Distributed Database Management System (DDBMS).
- Evaluate business requirements for storage, retrieval, and security for advanced DDBMS.
- Incorporate current and emerging security, legal, and ethical trends into database architectures management.
Distributed Database Management Systems (DDBMS)
- Discuss database systems, including architecture types, data languages, and data models.
- Evaluate different types of distributed database management system architectures in relation to business needs and data types.
- Diagram and explain conceptual, logical, and physical database designs.
- Develop data models for distributed database architecture.
Object-Oriented Database Systems
- Describe object-oriented database system architecture.
- Develop data models for object-oriented database systems.
- Evaluate advanced database architectures.
- Build database table structures in Structured Query Language (SQL) for Distributed Database Management Systems (DDBMS).
Distributed Database Systems Development, Implementation, and Optimization
- Determine the most effective distributed database operation and recovery strategies.
- Evaluate distributed database operation and recovery strategies.
- Demonstrate the appropriate use of data replication.
- Determine the memory and processing component needs of a distributed database system.
- Determine the best performing and scalable hardware and storage architectures of a distributed database system.
Please ask about these special rates:
Teacher Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for current, certified P-12 teachers and administrators. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
Military Rate: For some courses, special tuition rates are available for active duty military members and their spouses. Please speak with an Enrollment Representative today for more details.
The University of Phoenix reserves the right to modify courses.
While widely available, not all programs are available in all locations or in both online and on-campus formats. Please check with a University Enrollment Representative.
Transferability of credit is at the discretion of the receiving institution. It is the student’s responsibility to confirm whether or not credits earned at University of Phoenix will be accepted by another institution of the student’s choice.